Company History 
Founded in the 1930’s by William John Meddings, the original engineering company based near to Wembley was a machine tool maintenance company for companies such as Heinz. As the company grew it moved to Slough. The company was formalised as W J Meddings in 1941and was commandeered by the British Government to produce armaments and drilling machines for the war effort. It was after this period that the decision was made to continue with drilling machine manufacture and the name of Meddings Machine Tools was established. In 1975 the company was moved to Ivybridge, Devon this site was chosen because of its potential to allow the company to expand. It is since this move that the Meddings Group have developed into a multi-faceted engineering group producing products which are sold all over the world. 
 
Meddings Engineering has been involved in many different projects providing customers with solutions to their manufacturing needs. We have the capability to help with design of products and to provide advice to design engineers as to how parts can be successfully manufactured. 
 
Meddings Engineering is approved to ISO 9001since 1998 
 
Gear box manufactured by Meddings Engineering
Meddings Engineering, Lee Mill Industrial Estate, Ivybridge, Devon PL21 9LL | Tel 01752 313323 | Fax: 01752 313333 
Designed and created by it'seeze